Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thesis Options

Though I wasn't really sure what I was going to do for my thesis I finally fell on the idea of just writing about how I usually feel about Shakespeare, and that is that all of his plays are related to one another on many different levels. In my paper I mention the strong similarities between the plays Hamlet and King Henry IV. I also mention the strong connection between the character Iago from Othello and the character Caliban from The Tempest. What I was originally going to do for the presentation part was that I wrote a version of "Alice's Restaurant" by Arlo Guthrie called "Shakespeare's Mythical Restaurant" involving some characters from many of the different plays and how they interact with each other. I was going to perform this song on my guitar but thanks to circumstances that involved me not being able to return home to grab my guitar I won't be able to play it, but I might still read it for the presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment